Born in France in 1976, Sam Baron has a degree in Design from the Fine Arts School of Saint Etienne and a post-graduate degree from the National Decorative Arts School of Paris.Baron continually reinterprets traditional methods of construction, which ultimately raises questions about the utility of today’s material productions.
Baron is an independent designer and consultant for international groups such as Louis Vuitton, L’Oreal, Benetton, De Beers, and the french jewelry designer, Dinh Van; he collaborates and creates exhibitions and interior designs, realizes cross-over projects mixing Art and Designs. Baron also works with many European designers such as Ligne Roset, Christofle, Secondome Edizioni, the Italian ceramic producer Bosa, and the Portuguese Royalty porcelain producer Vista Alegre. He is currently working as head of the design department at Fabrica, the communication research center based in Treviso.
Recently, Baron’s work was featured in the exhibition “Downsideup by Fabrica” at the American Folk Art Museum in New York City. The Experimenta-Design team also chose some of his pieces for the “Revolution” exhibition at the Quintella Palace in Lisbon.
In January 2009, he received the “Grand Prix de la Creation de la Ville de Paris” in the design category and was chosen as one of the ten important designers of the next decade by Philippe Starck during the last Maison & Objet Fair.
2016 Spring Group Show, Cristina Grajales Gallery, New York
2016 Rise and Shine Group Show, Cristina Grajales Gallery, New York
2013 From Europe With Love, Cristina Grajales Gallery, New York
2013 Winter Group Show, Cristina Grajales Gallery, New York
2012 Pegasus Group Show, Cristina Grajales Gallery, New York
2012 Design at Fairchild: Sitting Naturally, The Fairchild Gardens, Coral Gables, FL
- Pierre Frey Launches a Chic New David/Nicolas Furniture Collection Date: September, 2020, Source: Architectural Digest
- Discover Pierre Frey’s new collection inspired by the great transatlantic liners of the 1930s Date: September, 2020, Source: House & Garden
- Les Inspired Conteurs Enchantés Storyteller Date: September, 2019, Source: Architectural Digest France
- Sam Baron in AD Collector Date: September, 2013, Source: AD Collector
- Sam Baron in AD Germany Date: June, 2013, Source: AD Germany
- Sam Baron: From Europe With Love Date: April, 2013, Source: The New York Times
- Sam Baron on Architectural Digest Today Date: March, 2013, Source: Architectural Digest Today
- Sam Baron in TL Magazine Date: December, 2012, Source: TL Magazine
- Sam Baron Creates the "T" with His Glass Sausages Date: November, 2011, Source: The New York Times Magazine
- Sam Baron Date: September, 2011, Source: French Architectural Digest September 2011
- The Language of Design Date: February, 2011, Source: Interni January - February 2011